Dublin, March 20, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — “Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Market Size, Share and Trends Analysis Report by Type (Open Circuit SCBA, Closed Circuit SCBA), By End Use (Fire, Oil & Gas), By Region and Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offer.
The global self-contained breathing apparatus market size is expected to reach USD 3,832.25 million in 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2023 to 2030.
It is expected that an increase in occupational injuries and an increase in demand for highly usable protective equipment will increase product demand. For example, the International Labor Organization estimates that 160 million people suffer from work-related illnesses each year, and there are over 340 million occupational accidents globally. The aforementioned factors will continue to fuel the self-contained breathing apparatus market.
Sales of self-contained breathing apparatus are expected to increase in the coming years due to the increasing number of fire threats and the increased need for private firefighters. Firefighters provided by state and local authorities are increasingly being supplemented by people employed by private companies.
For example, wealthy Californians pay private firefighters $3,000 a day to guard their properties, according to recent newspaper reports. Moreover, insurance companies often engage or work with firefighting crews to provide remedial services to consumers, which is expected to accelerate the expansion of the self-contained breathing apparatus industry during the forecast period.
Product demand is expected to be driven by stringent asbestos mining safety regulations and increased employee awareness of personal and respiratory safety across the major sectors. For example, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) takes strict measures to protect the public from exposure to asbestos. The strict regulation will ban all ongoing use of chrysotile asbestos, including manufacturing (including importation), processing, distribution in trade and commercial use.
In addition, several government agencies, including the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), have issued guidelines for monitoring activities related to exposure to hazardous gases and particles, which will increase product demand in the coming years.
Large-scale investment is expected to support oil and gas industry growth by maintaining current production levels and increasing overall production efficiency. According to Global Energy Investment, expenditure by oil and gas companies outside of the proper use of SCBA will be made more widely known through various education and training initiatives related to the use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment, which is expected to boost market expansion.
For example, The Joint Commission, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), and the National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL) worked together to help hospitals implement their respiratory protection programs (RPPs ). During the projection period, the implementation of government regulations regarding safety issues is also expected to promote the use of SCBA in the fire service.
Manufacturers launch new products and engage in mergers and acquisitions to expand their geographic reach. For example, MSA Safety Incorporated announced in July 2022 that the London Fire Brigade signed a $9 million contract to provide its firefighters with the company’s M1 SCBA and telemetry technology.
Self Contained Breathing Apparatus Market Report Highlights
- The closed circuit SCBA segment dominated the market and accounted for 64.1% of the global revenue share in 2022. Closed circuit products are used in the mining industry as they are suitable for applications where a breathing gas is required for a long time
- The open circuit SCBA type segment is estimated to witness a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period. Open-circuit SCBAs are composed of light metals or carbon fiber-wrapped composites and are filled with filtered compressed air. Firefighters prefer composite material cylinders because they are lower in weight, which is driving demand
- The oil and gas end-use segment is estimated to witness a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period. SCBAs help protect against particles, gases, and vapors. OSHA also mandates that industrial workers, such as utility workers, be provided with reliable respiratory equipment, including SCBA. Proximity of utility workers to hazardous environments will spur market expansion during the forecast period
- The North America region dominated the market, accounting for 29.6% of the global revenue share in 2022. Expanding industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, and manufacturing are expected to boost product demand due to growing workforce capacity in this region
- The industry focuses on implementing strategies such as product development, distribution network expansion and portfolio expansion. For example, in July 2021, Perspective Robotics AG and MSA Safety signed a cooperation agreement on development. This agreement will improve the fire service they provide
|Number of pages
|2022 – 2030
|Estimated market value (USD) in 2022
|Expected market value (USD) in 2030
|Compound annual growth rate
Key topics covered:
Chapter 1. Method and scope
Chapter 2. Summary
Chapter 3. Self Contained Breathing Apparatus Market Variables, Trends and Scope
Chapter 4. Self Contained Breathing Apparatus Market: Type Estimates and Trend Analysis
4.1. Self-contained breathing apparatus market: Type Outlook
4.3. Open circuit SCBA
4.4. Closed circuit SCBA
Chapter 5. Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Market: End-Use Estimates and Trend Analysis
5.1. Self-contained breathing apparatus market: End-use outlook
5.2. Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Market: End-Use Movement Analysis, 2022 and 2030
5.3. fire Department
5.4. Oil & Gas
5.8. Law enforcement, military and navy
Chapter 6. Self Contained Breathing Apparatus Market: Regional Estimates and Trend Analysis
Chapter 7. Self Contained Breathing Apparatus Market: Competitive Analysis
Chapter 8. Company profiles
- Dragon Works AG & Co. KGaA
- Avon protection
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Worthington Industries
- Axiom Manufacturing
- Afex Fire & Safety
- SHIGEMATSU WORKS CO.LTD.
- COOKING LTD.
- Cam Lock Ltd
- Secure security
- Shanghai Fangzhan Fire Technology Co., Ltd.
- Bullard Limited
For more information on this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/p52rk7
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source of international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Global market for self-contained breathing apparatus